jeudi 26 avril 2012

Poems about the four seasons


Last week, on Friday, we wrote some poems about the different seasons in the year and had fun with words in English.  We learned about how words have a rhythm and rhyme.  We learned how to count syllables in English.  Most of us have already studied poetry from our own language section lessons (or home language lessons).  This helped us to understand what a poem is in English.   This is a way in which we are exploring different genres of writing in English. 



Spring



Beautiful flowers grow
and baby animals run.
It’s so warm in the sun.
Look here, look there….
It’s Spring for people everywhere!


By Dragon


I love spring ´cause the flowers come out,
and some birds come back and sing aloud.
I don´t need gloves or scarf or a cap.
The Easter rabbit hides chocolate eggs.
The sun shines bright and it´s warm outside.

By B




Autumn




The sun goes away
And the leaves are on the way
Autumn is here!

By LL



Summer


The summer, I love her
On the beach, I can sleep.
We have sun.  It's such fun
It never snows and
It's never cold!


by Coco





The rain is sleeping
and the sun is fun.
The desert is hot.
I like summer a lot!


By LL


In summer we have
fun in the sun.

We play on the beach
and we eat ice-cream.

Look!  Someone’s fishing fish
in the sea.

By Nancy




Winter


The snow falls slowly,
it's cold,
I hold snow in my hand.
The ice is nice.
The moon is full.


By Y



Cold like old
Ice like mice
In the snow, here I go.
Snow on my hands and my toes froze!


By L


Poems for all Seasons
 

The mice are under the ice.
The king died in spring.


By Babacar (who worked with M)



Inter plays in the winter.
The mice are under the ice.
The king died in spring.
In July the birds fly.


By M (who worked together with Babacar)







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire